MAY 14, 2021
WE ARE HIRING: INTERMEDIATE GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER
Our Kingston office is seeking an intermediate geotechnical engineer to join our growing team. Responsibilities of the role will include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Supporting project development and delivery, project management, client relations, team development and training;
- Undertaking data reduction and providing technical support for various geotechnical analyses (e.g. for provision of shallow and deep foundation design, slope stability, embankment support or settlement accelerations, etc.);
- Drafting proposal documents and technical reports;
- Undertaking or assisting with field work as necessary, including drilling/test pitting;
- Review of geotechnical aspects during project construction phases;
- Travelling will be required, from time to time, to support our work in other areas of the province;
- Review of select aspects of a CCIL certified materials testing laboratory;
- Functioning as a key participant in team and client meetings;
- Assisting with identifying and minimizing our exposure to risks across projects;
Requirements of the successful candidate:
- 6+ years of relevant working experience since graduation, preferably in a consulting environment;
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the province of Ontario. Candidates that hold an L.E.T. designation may also be considered, with an appropriate type and level of work experience.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) – a sample of a written work product that you drafted will be requested, should you be contacted for an interview, e.g. a report or technical document in the public domain. Please be prepared to submit, should we contact you;
- Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in Geotechnical (Civil or Geological) Engineering;
- Firm understanding of fundamentals of technical analysis;
- Familiarity with geo-environmental industry design and drafting software is an asset (e.g. Rocscience Slide, gINT, Surfer, Voxler, etc.);
- Maintaining a high standard of professionalism and demonstrating a commitment to our Core Values;
- Valid driver’s license, clean driver’s abstract, and own vehicle (company vehicle(s) may be available for use on occasion) – travel costs are reimbursed;
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 5, 2021.
JULY 2, 2019
OPENING OF MALROZ MATERIALS TESTING LABORATORY
Malroz offers a full range of concrete, soil and aggregate testing services to our Clients, with fully qualified field technicians and a materials testing laboratory located at 745 Development Drive.
Our laboratory is certified by the Canadian Council of Independent Laboratories (CCIL) as a Category 1 concrete lab and Category C soil/aggregate laboratory (Category D pending).
Testing we offer includes:
- Concrete sampling and compressive strength testing;
- Gradation testing (mechanical sieve and hydrometer methods, including T-time estimation)
- Moisture content determination
- Plasticity testing (Atterberg limits)
- Proctor testing
- Unconfined compressive strength testing of rock
- Micro Deval abrasion testing
- Aggregate soundness by freezing/thawing and magnesium sulphate methods
MAY 8, 2018
STEVEN ROSE RECEIVES OSPE PRESIDENT’S VOLUNTEER AWARD
Malroz Vice President Steven Rose was recently awarded a 2018 OSPE President’s Volunteer Award. The award recognized Steve’s role in preparing the 2016 Excess Soil Report which was presented to Ministry Policy Analysts and several Provincial Team and Departments.